Crystal

AIPP Fall/Winter 2016 Course Interest

AIPP Fall/Winter 2016 Course Interest  

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which classes are you most interested in taking from the AIPP?

• Developmental Editing
    • Copy Editing
    • Line Editing
    • Proofreading
    • Software (Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, etc.)
    • Graphic Design
    • Website Maintenance
    • General Business Practices
    • Video Editing
    • Social Media
    • Formatting
    • Other

Hi all,

Since we need input from both members and non-members, we've started this poll to gauge what are the most desirable topics for the AIPP's first courses. The AIPP will be launching its education department with two classes in the last quarter of the year. Courses will be open to free and paid members. Certain memberships include a discount on classes.

If you choose "Other" in the poll, please feel free to reply and elaborate on what you'd like to see that wasn't listed.

I'm also curious what would go under general business practices. Some topics would be of interest, others might not. I'd lean toward marketing being of more interest, for example, than bookkeeping or taxes.

I put Other - I'd be really interested in bookkeeping and taxes practices, too.

Also, I'm hugely interested in courses on design, software like Photoshop, and the like...but I take a lot of advanced courses on those already. I'm actually looking at starting to teach things like cover design basics, where and how to find the right stock for your book/genre and how to make it look pro, and Photoshop basics, etc. 

@Crystal I'd be game to teach a comprehensive cover design basics course (basic design principles, basic market and branding principles, basic Photoshop to pull it all together). Or if you have someone in mind to bring in, I'm super game to learn! Just let me know if that's something you'd like to do. I'm looking at developing something like that regardless, and will probably do something similar and go into more depth as tutorials on Gumroad, etc. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.